Random Trivia For This Title:
- The use of Laurence Olivier's image was Jude Law's idea. Law said he had always wanted to work alongside the actor, so Kerry Conran "granted" his wish.
- In the movie when they show all of the headlines from newspapers around the globe, you can see Godzilla's outline on the Tokyo newspaper. In one of the newspaper shots you can see an "Iron Eagle", which defines the Nazi regime to be in power in Germany, although there is no sign of a preparation for war.
- In the shot where Polly gets out of a taxi at Radio City Music Hall, the film's teaser poster can be seen on one of the building's walls.
- Dr. Kessler is played by Jude Law's real-life father, Peter Law.
- Totenkopf' is German for 'Dead Head'. Not surprisingly, you can see the symbol for the Greatful Dead at Totenkopf's island lair.
- During the first attack on New York City by the robots, around the 00:14:19 mark, the Empire State Building can vaguely be seen in the background of one of the shots. A closer look reveals a familiar figure from King Kong climbing on its spire.
- Angelina Jolie's part only took three days to shoot.
- After seeing the first 6 minutes of the original short upon which this movie is based, Gwyneth Paltrow agreed to sign on at an indie wage without a script.
- The number on Dr. Walter Jennings' door is "1138", a reference to George Lucas' THX 1138.
- The entire movie was shot against blue screen, with everything computer generated except the main characters, a few minor props and only a couple of location sets.