Random Trivia For This Title:
- Bruce Willis replaced Jim Carrey as the voice of RJ.
- Sean Yazbeck (BBQ Barry) and Lee Bienstock (Lunch Table Larry) appeared in the film as a reward for winning their assigned task on the NBC TV series The Apprentice.
- Hammy suggests calling the hedge "Steve", saying that "Steve is a nice name". Hammy is voiced by Steve Carell.
- The makers originally wanted Bill Murray and Harold Ramis to voice RJ and Verne, respectively.
- To prepare for his role as Vincent the Bear, Nick Nolte researched information about bears in order to give the right vocal tone and performance to his character.
- According to the film makers on the DVD commentary, the movie originally opened with RJ sneaking into Vincent the Bear's cave to steal his food. But then they quickly realized that they were beginning with something more suspenseful so they invented the "Vending Machine" sequence at almost the last minute.
- Ozzy is voiced by William Shatner. Hammy later talks about Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, where Shatner played James Tiberius Kirk, who is also the namesake of the cat "Prince Tigeriess Mahmood Shabaz."
- Gene Wilder was offered a prominent role but declined.
- Gladys, played by Allison Janney, was originally a Real Estate Agent, but was changed to the president of the Homeowners Association to add to the story.