Random Trivia For This Title:
- Originally, [?] Ruby Barnhill was considered for the role of Maisie Lockwood.
- Sam Neill was asked if he would return to the series as Dr. Alan Grant and responded, "You never say never, but I think it's moved on. It's different times."
- Screenwriter Colin Trevorrow said about the Rexy/Roberta, "We've been following this same character since the beginning; she's the same T. rex that was in Jurassic Park and in Jurassic World. She is iconic--not just because she's a T. rex, but because she's this T. rex."
- Blue as a baby acts very similarly to the friendly baby raptor from the novel version of Jurassic Park -- always trying to get close to the humans and never showing any signs of aggression. Blue, however, isn't torn apart for smelling like a human.
- The fact that Isla Nublar is actively volcanic was noted in the first novel, and it seems some thirty years later, this detail finally becomes plot-relevant in dramatic fashion.
- Approximately 2,500 girls were auditioned for the role of Maisie Lockwood, [?] Ruby Barnhill was also considered for the part having worked with Steven Spielberg on The BFG the part eventually went to Isabella Sermon marking her film debut.
- Bryce Dallas Howard learned how to scuba dive for the scene where the gyrosphere sinks into the water.
- In an interview with Vulture, Jeff Goldblum said that he does not mind at all when he gets asked to essentially play himself on the big screen. "People write Jeff Goldblum-y parts and they want me to do them, and that's fine," he said. "I think I can even do a better version of it. So no, this little Jeff Goldblum row that I'm hoeing is still adventurous."