Random Trivia For This Title:
- Eli Bloodshy's (Jim Dale's) #11 Iron Donkey train seen in the film is now located at the Big Thunder Railroad at Disneyland in Anaheim, California.
- Although promotional material for this film prominently featured Don Knotts, he was only fourth-billed, and in a supporting role.
- The film's theatrical support accompaniment was a remake of the earlier Disney short The Wind in the Willows (1949) remade as The Madcap Adventures of Mr. Toad (1975).
- The name of the western town was Bloodshy. The population of the place was twenty.
- Listen for the "Goofy scream" at the teepee goes over the cliff.
- Darren McGavin passed away just one day after Don Knotts' death in February 2006.
- The tagline on posters for this film reads "A blazing saga of Hot Lead and Cold Feet", obviously meant to connect with Mel Brooks' earlier western comedy hit Blazing Saddles (1974).
- Final film of actor John Williams [II] (not the Oscar winning composer).
- Final film for Walt Disney Pictures by Director Robert Butler.