Random Trivia For This Title:
- As Duke and Ripcord avoid the missiles launched from the Steel Crusher A.P.V., the camera moves in front of them and briefly slows down, framing the two men with an explosion behind them: just as in the card art for the 1980s figures.
- Cobra Commander's mask was redesigned, partly because filmmakers thought the original version was too similar to a Ku Klux Klan mask.
- David Murray was cast as Destro, but dropped it when he had problems with his visa. He was replaced by Christopher Eccleston; however, the character was named James McCullen XXIV, thus enabling Murray to film a flashback scene as the first Destro, James McCullen I.
- Stephen Sommers felt that this was the closest he would get to making a [James Bond] film. It pays homage to several 007 films.
- Stephen Sommers took great care over the technology depicted in the film, going through various books/magazines about weapons technology. He feels that almost 100% of the technology can be developed within 10-20 years.
- Rachel Nichols was the first choice for the role of Scarlett O'Hara.
- Dennis Quaid took the role of General Hawk on the insistence of his son, a fan of [G.I. Joe]. He filmed all his scenes in the first two months of production and the filmmakers enjoyed working with him so much that screenwriter Stuart Beattie created 10-15 more scenes for him.
- To prepare for her role as the Baroness, Sienna Miller spent 4 months in weight training and boxing, and learned to fire live ammunition. She took the role of the Baroness because it did not involve "having a breakdown, or addicted to heroin, or dying at the end; it was something that was just maybe really great fun."
- [?] Lorenzo di Bonaventura originally envisioned Mark Wahlberg for the role of Duke. Sam Worthington was considered for the role, but turned it down due scheduling conflicts with Avatar.
- The rapper Common was offered the role of Heavy Duty's cousin Roadblock, but when he turned it down the character was changed to Heavy Duty, played by Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje.