Random Trivia For This Title:
- 48 seconds were cut by the MPAA to avoid an X rating.
- During the climactic fight between Jason and Ginny, Jason raises the mattock to block Ginny's machete swing. Amy Steel said that during the first take, the timing was wrong and she accidentally hit Steve Dash's finger, causing him to have to go to the emergency room. Steve Dash has photos of him being treated in the ER in his costume, fake machete still stuck through his shoulder. After his finger was stitched up, he returned to set that night and insisted they complete the scene. She said they simply put a condom on his finger and applied make-up to make it look dirty.
- Amy Steel has stated that she found shooting the "window scene" to be tedious and mentally trying. The shot required three takes and her frightened reaction is genuine.
- When the filmmakers asked Adrienne King to reprise her role as Alice, she said that she wanted to be on screen for a short period of time because there was an obsessive fan who was stalking her, broke into her apartment, and she feared for her life.
- Alice and Crazy Ralph, the only two surviving characters from Friday the 13th, who are eventually killed off by Jason, are not mentioned by name at all throughout this sequel.
- Body Count: 9. Plus one character presumed dead, but it's unconfirmed. If you count the bodies from the dream sequence recapping the end of the first one, you can add three more to the total body count.
- The actors stayed in the cabins on-set. [?] John Fury, Bill Randolph and Russell Todd came to Lauren-Marie Taylor's cabin to play a prank on her. They scratched on her screen window and she hyperventilated until she fainted.
- The film takes place five years after the first, which was set in 1979 according to Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter. Meaning that this film takes place in 1984. During both summers, both the Friday the 13th's occurred in July making this film take place exactly five years after the events of the first film.
- At a horror convention in Cherry Hill, New Jersey in 2003, Betsy Palmer said she never appeared in another [Friday the 13th] movie after the first one. Apparently she forgot about this one. Palmer was in Los Angeles at the time Part 2 was filming in Connecticut. She was hired for one day, filmed in front of a black screen.
- The first Jason scene in the movie is a shot of Jason's legs walking across the street toward Alice's house. This is the only time in the series Jason was played by a woman. Jason's legs belonged to [?] Ellen Lutter, the film's costume designer.