Random Trivia For This Title:
- This cut of the movie reveals an alternative ending where Jack remains in the forest and Lily goes home alone with plans to see him again soon.
- This version of the movie restores much of the scenes and story elements that were cut after Ridley Scott heard the audience ragging on it in the original premier.
- Ridley Scott was inspired to cast Tim Curry as Darkness after seeing The Rocky Horror Picture Show. He had also considered casting Richard O'Brien as Meg Mucklebones.
- Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr. and Jim Carrey were all considered for the role of Jack.
- Mia Sara was only 15 during the filming of Legend. Sara was actually born in 1967, so she was 15 in 1982, which is when production for the film began. But it took a further three years before Legend was finally completed by Ridley Scott because of the film's immensely troubled production history.
- This version of the movie was dramatically cut after Ridley Scott heard the audience ragging on it in the original premier.
- Ridley Scott drew most of his inspiration for Legend from the 1946 version of La belle et la bÍte, as well as such Disney animated classics as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Fantasia and Bambi.
- The face of goblin Blix was designed after that of Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones. According to Alice Playten, she thought up the idea, which was supported by director Ridley Scott. He then had [?] Rob Bottin (special make-up effects) implement the concept.
- The sound of the unicorns at play is actually a recording of humpback whales.
- The voice of Gump was re-dubbed by Alice Playten. For the German version, the voice of Blix was dubbed by David Bennent, who also voiced himself.